Monday 5 October 2015

Tug of love

                        Tug of love- The story of how i named my child

I am sure you would agree that 9 months are seldom enough to zero on your angels name. Right? I and my hubby often had a tug of war or rather 'tug of love' in the process of picking a name. I would love to share that story with you guys. 

To begin with we had no clue if it is a boy or a girl. My mind said that it is a boy while my heart yearned for a girl. "Girl girl girl" i would often bicker while he smiles me off with a firm "Boy." So we decided to pick 2 names,, a boy's name and a girls's name.
 

Then we rowed on the letter. He insisted that we should name the child with "A" while i strongly opposed it. He said that he wants to name the baby after his mother Anasuya. I am really moved by his sentiment but Being named Aparajitha, i was the scrape goat in all of our vivas. I did not want the history to repat itself. So i suggested to name her with the letter "N" or "s" You see, my husbands name is Nagesh and his fathers name is satyanarayana. We tentatively choose nayan and naina. (Fingers crossed hoping that the baby inherits its
 
fathers amber eyes) The names are palindromic. So is my EDD (Expected date of delivery) which is 15-7-15...also happened to be my birthday. 


I wished that the name should be a short and sweet one while he wanted to go for a middle name as well. Uff. We were at the opposing poles and naturally we attract each other.. So I finally agreed to name the baby "Anagha" ( A from my name , Aparajitha and Naga from my hubby's, nagesh) More intrestingly, Anagha is also the name of our family deity anagha laxmi. Anagha means sinless and is the yogic power of lord Dattatreya. My mom is overwhelmed. My mother-in-law is awed. Thats more than i asked for. So Anagha it is! Anagha naina. Those sinless pristine pure eyes of the godess laxmi.

All said and done we call her Icy at home....(eyesy) or rather after all the banana strawberry ice creams she consumed in my tummy.
 

P.s: If hit were a boy, we would have named him krishiv nayan...where in, the consuming third eye of shiva meets with the benevolent pecock eye of krishna.

No comments:

Post a Comment