Monday 21 April 2014

Are you single?



                                       Are you sing-L? A pun story, just for fun :-)

I plonked myself on my side upper berth of the 2nd A/C comp in Ganga kaveri express n pulled the curtains closer. I switched on my I-Pod to my fav playlist and the led light for late night readers, a privilege provided in few trains only. I pulled out a copy of Twilight - Breaking dawn with a packet of lays. "Perfect" I said to myself as I tucked myself in a blanket. Just as I lost myself in the surreal world of the vampires I felt a tap on my bum. Who the hell? I swore under my breath expecting the TC.

"x chuz me"
 To my surprise I found this perky guy in a Adidas tee, Rebook shoes and Rayban shades. I shot up and said "yes?" with a best effort to keep impatience out of my voice.

"Is these your birth?" he asked.
 "wot? oh yea! This is my berth" I replied recovering in time. Desi guy? Not a techie?
"Are you sing-L?" He asked point blank.

"come again?" I said with rage.  He walked away only to come back again and tapped my bum. Kill you B*****d I swore as I shot up.
"who are you?" I fired.
"Myself Hanuman tempal poozari" he introduced himself beaming. Well! The Hanuman temple poojari doesn't seem keen on his celibacy I thought gingerly

"What is your problem?" I showcased my impatience liberally.
"U sing-L? I sleep here" he said politely. How dare! What does he think of me?
"But what made you think I would agree?" I said bubbling with red hot anger.
"Look my-dum!" he addressed me with utmost respect. "Don't be angry.  I assk only for help no. That too, only if you are sing-L"

"I have a boy friend for your kind information" I replied smugly.
"sheegrameva kalyana praaptirastu. sheegrameva suputra praaptirastu. Ishta kamyabdha siddirastu. Mano vaancha phalasiddhirastu" the priest blessed me with sanskrit verses. What I'm I to do now? Touch his feet, offer dakshina and take prasad? Bull shit! I looked back at him adamantly.

"My-dum" he took a pleading tone. "My wife is sleeping here. If you can give birth to my child, we can all stay together" he said showing me his wife and child. It took a sec to uncloud my head. All that this hanuman tempal poozari intended to assk me is weather I'm travelling alone or not. He intended to swap berths with me so that his family can stick together. I tumbled with laughter. The poor priest looked lost. When I recovered from my spell of laughing seizures, I apologized him and agreed to give birth to his child. 


No comments:

Post a Comment