Monday 22 April 2013

Tiny doctor - sturdy patient.


Abhi decided to play doctor-patient with his dear dad.  His dad, in one of his cheerful moods,  was too willing to oblige. Abhi borrowed a steth, B.P app, syringe, few sheets of pills, a book and a pen.  Finally he set up his 'shop' on the dining table drumming his fingers impatiently as he waited for his patient. His dad crawled in a bad shape.
"Daactar! please save me daactar" he moaned.

" No No. Don’t varry. I'm here" Abhi reassured with the aura of Hippocrates. His dad took a seat.

"Wot happened to you?" Abhi inquired in a voice laced with genuine concern.

"My stomach is like a stone dactaar" he complained clutching his tummy with a painful grimace.

"Did u do potty?" the little doctor fired a question at the point blank.

"O yes doc. Twice" his sturdy patient replied triumphantly.

"ok den. let me press your tummy and check wot is vrong inside" the doc declared in a grave tone.

"Ah…oh…hee…hooo hooo hoooo" his uncooperative patient wriggled on the sofa, which is the state-of-art-couch-for-the-time-being.

"vait. I'm not going to hart you. Nor teekle you. I pramise" the lil doc assured with a great deal of patience. It was of no use. The Hee Hee's and Hoo Hoo's continued.

"If you donth stop movin I will give u an in-jac-chain" he threatened . It worked.

"Oh! I see! you have a fatty leever" abhi explained to his patient with wide expressive eyes.

"Oh! Fatty liver? will I die doctor?" his dad asked pouring out innocent faces.

"No NO No. you silly boy. I wheel save you" the doc promised. He immediately referred to the Bollywood times,  the supposed-to-be-medical encyclopedia and declared "you need a leever trans-plan-tation".
wasting no time he sliced open his patients tummy, pulled out the 'leever' washed it under the tap before replacing it and suturing it insitu.

"wow Daactar! You did a miracle. you saved my life" an overwhelmed patient praised the doc.  The humble Doc , not letting the praise get in to head, scribbled down few meds on the prescription pad and handed it over to his only patient.

"Now go home and donth come back ageen and ageen. Donth eat junk food. okay? Then your stomak will not become like a stone ageen" abhi advised somberly.

"sure doc. I'll keep that in mind. whatz your fee?"

"Ummmm Fee?" Abhi gave it a  thought. "lets us go to the ice-keam shop. you can pay my feez there"  he replied with a cheek stretching grin. I guess this naughty doc's idea of healthy food is toffee's and ice creams while fruits n vegetables form the junk. 

(Based on a true life conversation between my 4yr old nephew and his dad.)

1 comment:

  1. wish liver transplantation was so easy madam.
    in the innocence of ur nephew and the bond with his dad, i could not but find a parallel between us and God and how He would laugh when we know in semblance to what Abhi knows about transplant hepatology and look at heavens and say there is no God.

    amusing. Educative

    ReplyDelete