Tuesday 2 April 2013

Where ever-U-Go-I-Follow - 2 (boys version)


                                                    Where ever-U-Go-I-Follow - 2  ( Boys version.)

(Please read the girls version before you read this!)

Who said women are hard to understand? They are open books but written in a foreign language. It's her eyes that do the saying.  It only takes a master mind, a little of practice and patience to read it.

Like most of the guys of my age I proclaim that being in a relation is such a waste of time, money and freedom but I can't help picturing myself in a stable relation when a damn hot damsel gives me a pass.  I noticed this stop-looker  walking blithely on the pavement, her feet hardly touching the ground, her ringlets veiling and un-veiling her face.  Her Nike jacket did its best to hide those shapely curves but alas! One could easily make out that she's quiet statuesque.

She almost walked past the mall I was shopping at but quiet unexpectedly, she turned her heels and walked past those sliding glass doors, all twinkle eyed and jewel smiled. And <DANG>we were face to face in the blink of a sec. I realized my lips stretched in to an automatic smile and I must be looking quiet like a moron….but dude, she didn’t think so. she smiled back sweetly as she walked past me. It took me a couple of seconds to rein my senses. I dropped the truck load of stationary I was carrying (DUDE! Don’t give me that supercilious look. Being a freshman of B.E architecture, we do need a truck load of stationary) on the billing desk and weighed my options.

One -Be somber, gather my pick and walk out of the mall like an unshakable saint, which I'm not. Two-Go ahead and find out if the aag doono taraf barabar lagi huyi hai. I feigned forgetting some record sheets and made an excuse to percolate in to the mall. I leafed through few sheets of handmade paper when I met her eye across the row of books. She is startled by my sudden apparition. Honestly I was a bundle of nerves myself. I had a nagging suspicion that it's too early to take off and make a move on her. So, I hesitated to go for an one-to-one, but lurked in the shadows, beating-around-the-bush.
 I gave her my most appealing smile. Though she never smiled back she hand combed her hair  primping herself to feast my eyes. Well! That ain't a bad start. I brushed my hand through my hair mirroring her but she disappeared. I paced quickly to the rack of books where I saw her the last. She is just gone in a whiff of smoke. Dude! Aren't we too big for this Hide-n-seek? I'm not the chori-chori-chupke-chupke types. I'm in the pyaar-kiya-toh-darna-kya club.

I ran all over the store only to discover her picking a gift for me, the kissing bears or was she making me a suggestion? well! I don’t mind giving it a try.  When I appeared out of the blues discovering her plans, she threw a tantrum and sulked in the women's arena. I appraised her with an 'Angels-don’t-need-diamonds-to-sparkle' look.  She teased me back with a 'You-are-such-a-cheepo' look. I laughed to myself.
She dissolved the invisible wall between us. It wasn’t like we met a few minutes ago. It was as if we belonged to each other all along. We went on a make-believe shopping spree. I dwelled in the aroma of her presence as she  shopped some household groceries like a dutiful wife. She picked up everything thoughtfully right from mosquito repellents (so that our nights aren't bothered) to baby diapers. I'm convinced she would make a great mother for my kids.

Popping the bubble of  the 'Happy family' in my head, she handed me over the basket and asked me to get it billed. WTF! Do make-believe husbands pay real bills? I collected the basket and walked to the billing counter like a zombie.  I'll take her number, she I'll ask me to get it recharged. I'll take her out on a date, she'll make me pay the bill.  I'll take her on a ride, she will ask me for more. WTF! the petrol charges are on an all time hike.  After all my peers weren't wrong when they said being in a relation is such a waste of time, money and freedom. 

I'm enlightened of the perks and jerks of love life as I paid my first bill and emptied my pockets. I slipped out of the store somberly like an unshakable saint and left behind the girl that could have been my future wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment